VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Retries In Get Number Module

I set the retries to 0 in the Get Number module in case no response has been recorded, or the response failed verification, however VG still does one retry before going to the next module. How could that be fixed? Thanks.

Please post a script demonstrating the problem.

We've ran tests here and setting retries to 0 resulted in the module only waiting once (the first time only) for the number to be entered.

I will post it, just a quick clarification, when you run your test did you have a VBscript under "Verify Entered number". So if the entry "Verfiy Failed", it should not retry the message again, and move on to the next module?

Sorry, did you wanted the script file .vgs or the "Event Trace Log" or the mmdd.tw?

the file is attached, please note that the problem occurs in the GetID1 module and not in the Get ID. Thanks for your assistance.

Tried your sample, script and all works as expected here.

Dialing in and not entering anything results in module [Get ID] asking for entry twice (retry is set to 1), then module [Get ID_1] asks for entry once, and after timing out goes to [Play 1].

Entering non-existing or existing VMBs also worked as expected.

I think your demo script was a bit confusing as you have used 3.wav many times in it and that may have confused you as to where in the script you were.

I modified your script a bit to use different .WAVs Try and you'll see it working better.

Also there is a slight mod in the verification script:

do this:

sGetID = "$RV_ENTEREDNUMBER"

the below (which you had) will not work!

sGetID = $RV_ENTEREDNUMBER

(I think this script is connected with your question on how to tell if a VMB exists -> http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3671)

test.vgs

I appreciate your efforts. When the script gets to GetID_1 module, the only file I want played is the 3.wav under the "Ask Caller to enter number". Then caller enters a number that fails verification, so in that case I want to go to "Play 1" module immidiately, and not provide the caller another chance to re enter. thus not playing file 9.wav under the "MEssage that the entered number was not correct ..." .

I tested the script you modified, and it does play the 9.wav, and provides the caller a re enter option.