VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Isdn Multi Number System

Hello.

In the first place I want to request excuses for my bad English.

I use a VG system with target Eicon diva server V-4bri (drivers 8.0) with 8 line professional licenses (vg5.2.5012a.exe) and this is my problem:

When I call from cell phone with the Caller ID information service on, the $RV_DNIS and the $RV_CIDNUMBER variable contains the called and the caller number, but when I call with the Caller ID information service off, both variable is empty!

I look for the “Diva Server Line Test” and the DNIS information is received in all calls.

I need the DNIS variable to respond all calls because I use an isdn multi number system.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Maybe your phone company does not supply the DNIS when the caller chooses to block CallerID...

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option, then enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory as well.

Please post all traces from VG's \log\ subdirectory.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Hello.

I am sure that the phone company supply the DNIS when the caller chooses to block Caller ID, because I look it with the “Diva Server Line Test” and the DNIS information is received in all calls, including this cases.

For the test I have used two lines and make 4 calls of the following form:

1- I choose to block Caller ID and I call first number.

The variable $RV_DNIS is empty (this is my first problem) and $RV_CIDNUMBER is empty also (it’s ok).

2- I don’t choose to block Caller ID and I call first number.

The variables $RV_DNIS and $RV_CIDNUMBER have the correct numbers (it’s ok).

3- I Change the used line to receive the call, using the same card’s port; I choose to block Caller ID and call to second number (the number of the second used line).

The variable $RV_DNIS don’t has updated and it has the number of the last call when the Caller ID was available (this is my second problem) and $RV_CIDNUMBER is empty (it’s ok).

4- I don’t choose to block Caller ID and call Second number.

The variables $RV_DNIS and $RV_CIDNUMBER have the correct numbers (it’s ok).

Thanks for your help.

log.zip

It still looks like the Eicon's *TAPI* drivers do not make the DNIS available in the usual way when the CallerID is blocked.

You may have better luck using ComISDN drivers instead of Eicon's own drivers - have you tried using them?

The attached update should correctly reset the DNIS setting between calls, so that the problem mentioned in your item 3 does not arise.

VgMulti_5.2.5045.zip

The update for DNIS reset works well, thanks for it

I don’t have the same luck with the $RV_DNIS variable. I have tested the ComISDN drivers but no solve the problem, the $RV_DNIS variable remains empty and now the phone company say me “the line has a breakdown” and I don’t hear any ring when I call to VG system, it use both ports of called line and write two entries for only one call. This not happen if I use a script with the uncheck "Start the script without answering call".

During save log file I make two calls. First call I choose to block Caller ID and second call I choose don’t block Caller ID.

Do you think that it can happen by the configuration of Eicon drivers?

Thanks

log02.zip

If the phone company is assuming you that they are sending DNIS when CallerID is blocked then you should contact Eicon and ask them why are they are not forwarding the DNIS information under these circumstances.

Also if you are using 4 BRI lines why don’t you just use a 'fractional' E1 ISDN line which would have just the first 10 channels enabled? with E1 ISDN lines you could use Dialogic E1 cards.

I have contacted with Eicon and they have not seen any problem in the drivers configuration then I save log file of Eicon and Voice Guide at the same time and I have attached, for you can see how DNIS information is present with or without block Caller ID.

Besides I test other card, an AVM Fritz!, using ComISDN drivers with the same test and the same result, please look it.

Is possible that VG isn’t made for work on this circumstance?

Exists another form to see the DNIS? I need it

I am using 4 BRI lines because I need a redundant system and two cards of 4 BRI with 8 ISDN lines are less expensive that two Dialogic E1 cards with 2 E1 lines.

I have already bought two cards Eicon, licenses Vg and installed lines RDSI. Now I do not have another alternative.

log03.zip

I'd be willing to bet that the telco is shipping the DNIS differently when CLID is blocked.

Although I don't use a VG system (Nortel Periphonics) I fell across this forum while out performing IVR research and thought I might be able to lend a hand. Ask them to provide ISDN layer traces show DNIS delivery under both situations. Most likely you'll have to perform the test calls, but they're likely to help you out with the tracing.

As a last resort, you might wish to persue a toll-free number. At least in North America, even if a cellular caller blocks CLID, for legal/billing purposes the CLID is still delivered to the system accepting the call which may resolve how the telco is delivering DNIS to you.

Best of luck,

Chris

We may have found a way to handle this scenario better within our software.

Please place attached OCX in Windows' System32 directory, overwriting existing file.

If problems persist please supply traces as before.

TapiWrap_1.85.zip

I might be able to lend a hand

I think that the telephone company is not the problem. In any case, thanks for your hand Chris.

Now works fine! :)

Thanks for your good job.

I attached the log file for anyone can look the good final solution. Again, Thanks for all.

Log04.zip