VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

External Trigger Of Voice Mail?

Hi there, we are looking for a piece of software to achieve a specific task and havent been able to track any down as yet, hopefully VoiceGuide can do what we need! Basically we are looking for a piece of software which can send voice mail broadcasts via a voice modem to backup a temperature alert system which alerts via email and text message. Obviously you can never tell when this type of alert needs to be sent, so finding a piece of software that can be triggered to send a voice mail pre recorded message automcatically and on demand is proving to be a problem! The piece of software that would be running along side VoiceGuide has the ability to run an executable on the system it is installed on and also pass parameters to that executable. This can be done at the time of a temperature alert. Could VoiceGuide could be triggered in this way to start sending voice messages without any manual user interaction?

Cheers

Jon

Infact, having now installed VG and looked at the script designer a bit I see it seems to have the ability to read an external database, and the other program I will be using writes to a database so I may well be able to trigger it by looking for a certain value in the database. Any other suggestions are welcome though :)

Jon

From http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/DialListInto.htm :

- Telephone Number Loader program.

- Send Phone Message module in a VoiceGuide script.

- Creating a list of numbers to be called and saving this list in a 'Out Dial file'.

- Using VoiceGuide COM interface function Dialer_OutDialQueAdd.

- Adding dial entries directly to the OutDialQue.mdb database.

You could use any of the last 3 approaches.

It looks like adding entries directly to the database might be the best way for me to achieve this as I cant see as yet (there may well be one, I'm just very new to VG!) a way to execute the Dialer_OutDialQueAdd method via Lua which is what I will be using on the other program. I believe I'm right in thinking, although again I am just learning Lua, you are able to write to access databases via Lua, so this may be a good method.

Am I right in assuming therefore with VG running, if an entry gets added directly to the OutDialQue database, it can be assigned a vActivateTime value of 0 in the same way as using the Dialer_OutDialQueAdd method, thus meaning the voice mail gets sent immediately?

Thanks again

Jon

Am I right in assuming therefore with VG running, if an entry gets added directly to the OutDialQue database, it can be assigned a vActivateTime value of 0 in the same way as using the Dialer_OutDialQueAdd method, thus meaning the voice mail gets sent immediately?

Yes.