VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Caller Id Not Working

Hello,

After reporting a myriad of problems to you while using a Dialogic Proline/2V under Windows 98 and Standard VoiceGuide program, I have now as per your prior advice, upgraded to Windows 2000 after reformating my hard drive and installed VoiceGuide as my first and only main application. I have also followed the instructions for applying the VoiceGuide for Dialogic patch after installing the standard version of VoiceGuide and selecting "Standard Tapi" initially at the time.

One of the problems I DIDN'T have before under my old set up (same Proline/2V board) was the caller id detection.

But now, after the clean reinstalls, patch, etc, I'm not getting caller id detection at all.

Attached is the log file.

(FYI, my script was written so that if there was no caller id (ie. on {} ) , then it would go to a Play Module that played suspects.wav) .

Suggestions?

Another question: Why is it that under the "VoiceGuide for Dialogic" version, I have to manually configure everything, and am not able to use the graphical user interface environment (ie. to set the number of rings, to designate the answering script to use, etc)?

Thanks for your help.

PS. I'm now also faced with the additional challenge of requiring a new registration code after upgrading to the new operating system, although I'm still using the same Proline/2V board. I thought my Unique ID would still be the same, but I was a little shocked to learn that it changed. I've written sales@voiceguide.com of this, and I'm especially anxious in receiving their reply, considering that I followed your instructions to use "VoiceGuide for Dialogic" patch , which did not go well with my old Windows 98 system.

Thanks to you all again for your prompt assistance.

EricGuest_NoCallerID_vgm.zip

PPS. What I meant to write ws that the Play Module played the file 'allcircuitsbusy888.wav' and not suspects.wav, if $RV_CIDNUMBER was evaluated to be {} . And yes, this is what I hear for all calls.

I'm not getting caller id detection at all.

Do you know in what format the CallerID is sent by thye phone company?

I live in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I'm not behind an office PBX , just directly connected to the local company residential line as I have a home-based business.

The line connected to my Proline/2V is that of Telus (telephone company). I have a second line provided by Rogers .

Do you or does anyone in this forum know what type of caller id format is being used in my area?

If I were to call up Telus here, which department would best know the answer? How should I phrase my question ? When asking about the "format", am I looking for a technical answer, ie. DTMF, FSK, etc? or a general answer, ie. name, name and date/time, etc?

Thanks to all.

Okay, so I've called my telephone company Telus in Vancouver.

They said their caller id is Bellcore FSK, the regular 1200 baud Bell 202 tone modulation, in Multiple Data Message Format (MDMF).

I know that my Proline/2V was able to detect all caller id (except the name) before with the standard TAPI VoiceGuide, before I had upgraded to Windows 2000 and VoiceGuide for Dialogic patch. So my board was and is still working fine to its own specs.

What should I do now? Is there something I should tweak with the VoiceGuide configuration?

Thanks.

Eric

Bellcore FSK, the regular 1200 baud Bell 202 tone modulation, in Multiple Data Message Format (MDMF).

That sounds pretty standard, not sure why the CallerID is not reported by the card when VGD intialises the card instead of VGT.

Can you provide the "tw" trace from the system please. That trace should contain more reporting on CallerID information received by the card.

I have attached in .zip format the all logs. I've also included the .jpg screenshot showing that my Proline/2V has passed all the UDD tests.

Also attached in .zip format is my vg.ini, Config.xml and ConfigLine.xml .

I've become obsessed in getting the caller id to work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Voiceguide and its Dialogic patch, uninstalled and reinstalled the Dialogic SR5.1.1 drivers and its SP1, and even checked and updated the Service Packs for Windows 2000.

Still, no caller id.

My telephone handset which is y-coupled to this line can itself detect the caller id, and the fact that the board was previously able to detect and report caller id to the standard tapi Voiceguide makes me very puzzled.

I'm wondering if I need to install the D4PCIU support patch as well.... the Proline/2V is analog, isn't it?

How about the fact that all my windows files are under the WINNT and not under specfically a "Windows" directory, which does not exist?

Should I perhaps reformat my harddrive and change to Windows XP?

Thanks.

Eric

Actually, I've scrutinzed the tw log, and yes (!) , I do see the board reporting the caller id to VoiceGuide(my phone number shows in the tw log), but that's where it stops...VoiceGuide is not processing the information for some reason.

So how do we get about getting the caller id information being processed and evaluated as per the script?

Thanks

Eric

EricGuestNoCallerID0611log.zip

EricGuestConfigini.zip

Please place attached OCX in Windows' \System32\ subdirectory (overwriting exiting OCX there).

Make sure old OCX is overwritten, do not rename old OCX and then copy in new OCX.

Then restart VG and please make a test call again.

If you still have problems please post the tw trace as before.

ktTelControl.zip