VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Help, How To Record A Ringback Tone

Hello, I have been trying to record a ringback tone in our dialogic board with latest version of VG 6.x. Support requested a wav file because out outbound calls stopped working when we upgraded from 5.x TAPI to 6.x VG for dialogic. However no where in the help or forum are step by step instructions on how to create a ringback tone recording.

I attempted to create a script, add a record module and that linked to a hang up module and assign that script to an outbound call. However, since VG is having problem making outbound calls, it just initiates the call and then hangs up after 3 seconds. I am not even sure this is how a ringback tone is captured.

If someone could give me some pointers or instructions on how to create the ringback tone sound file that tech support requires so they can help us with the configline.xml settings, I would appreciate it. The help file is not very specific on how to accomplish this task properly.

Thanks

it just initiates the call and then hangs up after 3 seconds.

You provided traces for this call in this thread: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4910 and the answer was posted there (Answering Machine was detected and you did not specify a script to be used when Answering Machine answers).

To record the Ringback tone just use a script with a single record module. If he current ringback tone definition is incorrect then once the Dialogic card reports that it cannot hear the ringback tone then the script starts and records what is heard on the line (the ringback tone).