VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Issue On Pickup

we just purchase vg 6, our setup is like a simple key phone system, with 4 analog ext line connect to 4 port dialogic board,

but one call comming in, all the 4 line is playing the voice, i guess some settings will help, but do not know how ? thanks in advance

but one call comming in, all the 4 line is playing the voice

Most likely the wiring is the problems here.. sounds like the extensions are wired up so that the call rings on all 4 extensions that are plugged into the Dialogic card...

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what actually happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

card ring at once:

123552.13 1 tw ring 1

123552.20 2 tw ring 1

123552.21 3 tw ring 1

123552.27 4 tw ring 1

And that is why all 4 ports on the Dialogic card answer the call.

You should speak to the technician who wired up the connection (or setup the PBX).

You need to have the incoming call arrive on only one line, and not on all 4 lines at the same time...

Can you tell us more about your setup. Are you using a PBX? Do you know how the cables leading to the Dialogic card are wired?

Thanks for your rapid response.

basically, the technician just lay the four line as normal extension like other ext line..

It is a key phone system, as I also try to use different ringing count, also not so successful.

it is not a advanced pbx, it is so-called key phone system. any suggestion or setting can help on this ?

Thanks

It's best to set it up in such a way that only one extension rings at a time, not all.

I also try to use different ringing count, also not so successful.

That approach should work in a situation where all lines are set to ring for incoming call. Just set 1st line to answer after 1 ring, 2nd line to answer after 2 rings and so on.

Make sure to restart VoiceGuide after making the changes in the config file.

I will try first, and post the result.

Thanks very much.

It's best to set it up in such a way that only one extension rings at a time, not all.

I also try to use different ringing count, also not so successful.

That approach should work in a situation where all lines are set to ring for incoming call. Just set 1st line to answer after 1 ring, 2nd line to answer after 2 rings and so on.

Make sure to restart VoiceGuide after making the changes in the config file.