VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialogic Baord Service Failure

Can someone please help with my Dialogic Board Service failure to start problem ?

I know Dialogic issues have been discussed here before; However, none of the discussions have covered my exact issue. I am running Win 2003 Server SP1/SP2. I am using Dialogic D/4PCI-U voice dialing card. I keep getting a combination of errors in the System Event log that are:

Set 1:

1. The DlgPnPObserverService service failed to start due to the following error:

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the DlgPnPObserverService service to connect

2. The Intel® Dialogic® product System Service service depends on the DlgPnPObserverService service which failed to start because of the following error:

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Set 2:

1. The CtBusBroker service hung on starting

2. The Intel® Dialogic® product System Service service depends on the CtBusBroker service which failed to start because of the following error:

After starting, the service hung in a start-pending state.

3. The DM3Config service depends on the CtBusBroker service which failed to start because of the following error:

I have read posts that state the DM3 and CTBusBroker services should not impact startup of the Board Service. But, in my case They indicate they ARE keeping the Dialogic system board service from starting automatically.

I use these boards for Automatic Alarm Callouts on our SCADA monitoring system. If the Server is rebooted all software and Dialogic board Service MUST restart automatically.

I have tried installing the "winstrm.dll" into the system32 directory. This helped on some of my machines (50%).

I am using Dialogic product Release Version 6.0, build 61.

Can anyone please give some sound advice? Help please... I have been battling this problem for 6 months...... Thanks in advance.

This helped on some of my machines (50%).

How many servers that use Dialogic cards do you have?

Are they all based on the same hardware?

Are you using VoiceGuide software on these servers?

I have 24 servers with Dialogic Cards installed. All Servers are HP DL380 G4 & G5 configurations. The majority are G4's.

With the G5 servers, I had problems with the dialogic failing to start up at all. I would give the -vox errors and a BAD Red X pop up error. This I fixed with the "winstrm.dll" in the System32.

With the older G4 Servers, I keep getting the above mentioned errors in the System Event Logger - where service dependencies fail to start which keeps the Dialogic Board Service from starting.

We do not use the VoiceGuide Software. At this point I would understand if you wish to not make any suggestions. I simply have tried searching everywhere else with no success.

As I mentioned earlier, we use the Dialogic board with our SCADA application for dialing out on Alarms. We use CygnetSCADA as the HMI Application and Cepstral voice with the Dialogic for callouts. Both Cepstral and Dialogic are recommend by the CygnetSCADA application. I'm not sure VoiceGuide is supported or would work for our Callout needs.

thanks,

I would give the -vox errors and a BAD Red X pop up error.

These sound like software related errors. The Dialogic drivers do not popup such error messages. Sounds like you would need to contact the software provider to resolve this.

Not sure what the callout needs are, but as far VoiceGuide is concerned the outbound calls/alerts can be loaded into the VoiceGuide system using a number of ways. This is all summarized on this Help file page: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...iallistinto.htm, the automated ways are:

- Using COM interface function Dialer_OutDialQueAdd.

- Using WCF interface function Dialer_OutDialQueAdd.

- Saving list of numbers to be called in an 'Out Dial' XML file, which VoiceGuide reads in automatically.

- Adding dial entries directly to the OutDialQue database. (Any database can be used as OutDialQue, eg. MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc)

The errors I was seeing with the DL380 G5 Server was: RunProgsInKey:RegVox -m -e returned fatal error. Event ID: 1. This issue was corrected by applying the "winstrm.dll" to the system32.

I checked with the SCADA Application support Team to see if I could use VoiceGuide. They said, No. That Voice guide is not supported. So, I guess i am out of luck here.

I'm throwing out ONE last Plea for Help here.....

Has anyone else run into problems with the Dialogic Board Service failing to start "automatically" as a service. The errors in the event logger are:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Service Control Manager

Event Category: None

Event ID: 7001

Date: 8/15/2008

Time: 12:08:50 PM

User: N/A

Computer: HOU1

Description:

The DM3Config service depends on the CtBusBroker service which failed to start because of the following error:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Time: 12:08:50 PM

Computer: HOUMSDSC01

Description:

The Intel® Dialogic® product System Service service depends on the CtBusBroker service which failed to start because of the following error:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event ID: 7022

Time: 12:08:48 PM

Description:

The CtBusBroker service hung on starting.

Time: 12:20:35 PM

Description:

The Intel® Dialogic® product System Service service depends on the DlgPnPObserverService service which failed to start because of the following error:

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Event ID: 7000

Description:

The DlgPnPObserverService service failed to start due to the following error:

Event ID: 7009

Description:

Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the DlgPnPObserverService service to connect.

As this is not a VoiceGuide based system then you would need to speak to either the software supplier or the Dialoigc card supplier. Possibly you may need to use different Dialogic drivers, but you would need to consult on this with your software supplier.