VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

End Of Call Detection (Dialogic D/4PCI)

Hi, newbie at this guys need your help

I am running vg enterprise on a 4 port dialogic card pci (purchased from yourselves) on win2k pro sp2, dialogic 5.1.1 s/w, I am resonably certain my config is ok, test ok with talk32 app.

I am testing with 1 standard line (carrier is Telstra) no pabx, voice guide does not hang up the call immediately when caller hangs up. I get a fast busy tone & voiceguide continues to record for about 30 secs then hangs up. I require Voiceguide to to hangup as soon as the caller has hungup.

I have unpluged the phone line during a call, voiceguide hangs up immediately.

I have enabled disconnect tone in DCM,

country set to Australia,

TSFFile Support is set to no, as I keep getting pbxxpert errors on voice guide startup if I turn it on, suspect this is due to no tone file created. Have tried to run pbxpert but only have 1 line, appears I need 2 to create the tone file.

Any help appreciated

You can record the disconnect tone (just set up a script with a record module and hang up call while script is in record module), then analyze the recorded disconnect tone with CoolEdit or similar tool, and then edit the TSFFile manually using PBXpert, setting all the frequencies and cadences for the disconnect tone.

Then please ensure that all three setting have been changed in the DCM:

TSFFileSupport=Yes

DisconnectTone=Yes

TSFFileName=your .tsf file.

Looks like the telephone company has not set up these phone lines to perform a loop current drop at end of call. Loop current drop is still the best way of detecting end of call on analog lines - it's immediate and the system does not have to wait the 5-10 seconds or so it takes to detect the disconnect tone.

I can see you have confirmed that the board is correctly detecting loop current drop...

(To test just unplug the telephone line from the Dialogic card during the call -VoiceGuide will immediately hangup that line as the loop current drop was detected by Dialogic and VoiceGuide was informed of end of call... )

You should speak to the phone comapny and ask them to do loop current drop on your lines.

Another place to set the Disconnect tone is in the Dialogic TSP configuration (see screenshot below). Not too sure which setting (TSP or TSFFile) takes precedence - it's just better to set them both to the same values.

post-2-1063767745.gif

Still having problems, I tested with Talk32, it works but wont hangup the call when i disconnect, same as voiceguide. Tried using pbxpert to learn tones, learns all except disconnet & ring. I only have 1 line & my mobile to do this, which I suspect is the problem. Ironic thing is when I was using a netcomm v92 modem everything to evaluate voiceguide all worked perfectly.

This is proving to be an extremely frustrating experience. A $200.00 modem works straight out of the box, but the $1,000.00 plus dialogic card cannot detect end of call. Seeing as the carrier is Telstra you must have seen this issue before, are there any TSF files preconfigured for Telstra available, or known disconnect tones, no pabx just straight phone line ?, I dont have cooledit & need to get this up & running for a customer.

I look forward to any suggestions.

Regards

Please record the disconnect tone that is played (just use a record module and hang up call while it is recording), then ZIP up the file and post it here, or email it to support@katalinatech.com

The recording shows that the busy tone on the phone lines you are using is a cycle of:

single tone of 425Hz for 375ms, then silence for 375ms

To configure the Dialogic to detect this you can just edit the Dialogic TSP configuration as per screenshot below.

When the TSP is configured to detect the tone there is no need to specify the TSF file - so in the DCM you can leave the "TSFFileSupport" set to "No" and leave TSFFileName blank.

The DCM's "DisconnectTone" should still be set to "Yes"

Please restart the computer after changing the TSP tone settings.

post-2-1063857724.gif

As you are using the D4PCI board in Australia, the Australia Release Notes for that card also state that you should set the "Parameter File" to "an_d4p.prm" This setting may affect the tone detection reliability so it's important to set it to the correct value.

Release notes shipped with the card are different from country to country - so it's important to read the Dialogic card's release notes to see what if anything should be specified in this parameter to make the card work correctly with the telephone lines which are used in a particular country.

post-2-1063858997.gif

It also turns out that once the TSP is configured to detect the disconnect tone there is no need to have the DCM's "DisconnectTone" set to "Yes".

The TSP does not look at the DCM settings...

Thanks for the great support, would have been lost without it. I set the disconnect tone as described & it worked fine both with talk32 & vg. Both apps hang up the call within a few secs after I hangup. As for the prm file I could not find which file to use in the doco, I already tried using the au**.prm files guessing that they were the correct ones for Australia. Will be ready to implement now & live test. Thanks again.

Regards

Shipped with the D4PCI cards in Australia and NZ there is a "Regulatory Notice" - a stapled white paper pamphlet about 16 pages long. The Australian section is on page 5 and that's where it says to use the an_d4p.prm file.

Hi we have just implemented a pabx (Hybrex G2), having problems with end of call detection.

attached is a recording of the tone that is recorded by VG after a caller hangs up.

Could you please provide me with the correct frequencies/settings.

We have configured the pabx to direct calls to VG after night switch is activated. Do I need a dtmf config file as well ?

Your assistance would be appreciated.

busy.zip

The recording shows that the busy tone on the phone lines you are using is a cycle of:

single tone of 425Hz for 500ms, then silence for 500ms

You can use the CoolEdit software to do frequency analysis on recorded sound files to determine the frequencies of the busy/disconnect tones.

CoolEdit has now been purchased by Adobe and is known as "Audition", but the original software can still be downloaded from a number of places, eg:

http://www.xtec.es/recursos/clic/bin/c96setup.exe

Another tool you can use is Audacity ( http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ) it has a View->Plot Spectrum menu which will also show you the frequencies in a sound file.

I have same problem in Mexico, I got the following in Pbx Expert:

Tone: diconnect

Type: Dual Tone Cadence

Freq1: 427+-134

Freq2: 486 +-76

On Time: 230+-76

Off Time 540+-390

How should I configure Dialogic TSP??

post-2-1095950618.jpg

Here is the requested recording. We have soundForge, but I don't know how to determine it. We have an analog IVR, that's the reasson we need to detect the hangup event. I do you need something additional, let me know. My email es droldan@kranon.com or in msn at droldan01@hotmail.com

Thanks in advanced

Mexico_Hangup_Tone.zip

single tone of 425Hz for 250ms, then silence for 250ms

I'd recommend the Dialogic TSP settings to be:

Freq 1 : 425

Freq 1 deviation : 50

Freq 2 : 0

Freq 2 deviation : 0

On time : 25

On time deviation : 5

Off time : 25

Off time deviation : 5

Repetition : 2

Hello,

I also don't know how to determine frequencies. I also have an analog IVR, and need to detect hangup tone.

Someone told me the freqs of the file I'm sending were

Freq1: 467

Freq1 dev: 25

Freq2: 603

Freq2 dev: 25

On time: 38

On time dev:

Off time: 37

Off time dev:

Repetition count: 3

But I don't think those are right.

Please, could you tell me, the correct freqs?

Thanks in advance

busy.vox

Use Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ to find out the frequencies and cadence.

Open the sound file in Audacity, then highlight the section when tone is playing and then goto "View"->"Plot Spectrum" menu.

Audacity also displays the interval lengths of highlighed sections, so you just need to highlight the entire section when tone is ON and check the interval, and hightlight entire section whern tone is OFF and chect that interval.

For allowed variances (frequency and time) it's usually appropriate to use about 10% of the value for variance.

For 'cadence' usually a value of 2 is OK.

I tried to follow the steps but the abc.vox file has two different signals I think..

Thanks,

Peter

What frequencies and cadences did you get when you analyzed the file? Give us a list of on times and frequencies and off times.

Freq1: 229

Dev: 50

Freq2: 181

Dev: 60

On time: 01

On time Dev: 7

Off Time: 77

Off Time dev: 7

Repetition count: 3

Audacity shows the tone is a continuous tone with 2 frequencies: 351Hz and 441Hz (see the 'Peak' value on the 'Frequency Analysis' window).

so your settings should be like this:

Freq1: 350

Freq1 dev: 50

Freq2: 440

Freq2 dev: 50

On time: 50

On time dev: 10

Off time: 0

Off time dev: 0

Repetition count: 0

post-2-1132269397.gif

It finally worked..

Thanks for your help good service..

Summary: Using D/4PCI on a Nortel Norstar

freq1: 185

freq1 dev: 40

Freq2:276

Freq2 dev:80

On time: .014

On time def: 0

off time: 77

off time def: 5

Just like to note that values posted in the immediately preceeding post are way off from what the frequencies in the supplied captured tone are...

Hi!

I have same problem with disconnect signal in Greece, my application can not understand when the other party hangs up. More specifically, my telephony provider sends disconnect tone after about 15 secs from the moment that the other party hangs up. So my application closes after about 15secs or more (I have set DisconnectTone=Yes to Dialogic services). But this is too long.. (I contact to my telephony provider, they said that they can not make any changes, propably they don’t set up the phone line to perform a loop current drop at end of call..)

So, I tried to make a proper .tsf file for recognizing disconnect signal, in order to solve the problem.

a) PBxpert failed to learn disconnect tone

B) I noticed that the signal I record when the other party hangs up, has 3 different frequencies:

1308Hz for 260msec, then 1997Hz for 230msec, then 2481 for 260msec and finally silence for 720msec..

How can I define multiple frequencies/cadenced in .tsf file?

I also tried to define the “first two” or “last two” frequencies by editing .tsf file via PBxpert, but PBxpert does not allow me to define basic frequency more that 999HZ.. (I can set a wide enough deviation in order to “catch” eg 1997HZ, but that means that frequency range = [0..2000] !!)

I attach the signal I receive for disconnect (muLaw pcm file). I would appreciate if you could help me solve this problem, I am really despaired!

Nikos

disconnect.wav

The tone signal is pretty strange and very high frequency. Not sure how you could setup tone detection for this tone with a Dialogic card.

Your best bet would be to get the telco to do a loop current drop on these lines.

BTW. The frequencies of the three 3 tones seem to be: 1900Hz, 2900Hz, 3600Hz

Hello,

Can you help analyze this busy tone? I couldn't found out what is the frequency and cadence for it.

regards,

Felipe Leitão

Busy tone.zip

Felipe:

This recording is pretty low in volume. Looks like it was not recorded using VoiceGuide, but using a microphone near telephone headset?

The tones look to be 420Hz,with a fast 100ms ON, 100ms OFF cadence.

You could try using these settings in the "DISCONNECTED" tone entry of the ConfigLine.xml file:

Freq1: 420

Dev: 50

Freq2: 0

Dev: 0

On time: 10

On time Dev: 4

Off Time: 10

Off Time dev: 4

Repetition count: 5