VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Collecting Data

RySADLab wrote:

'Next question: the point of this is to collect data and have it saved into the Access database program, I assume the "get numbers" module will collect the response data and save it (once we figure out how to get that started and going) but would the "play sound file" module do the same? There are certain files that dont seem to work over the phone with the "get numbers" module but they do with the "play sound files" module, so if a caller entered in a response for the "play sound" would that response save into the database in the same way that the "Get numbers" would?

(i.e. the "Get numbers" module is used, for example, to collect info on what time a caller woke up, and after, the "play sound file" module asks them to press 1 if AM and 0 if PM; would both sets of responses be properly recorded in the system?)

Also, is there a link available that would direct me to a page or file that could explain how to get the ball rolling on the Access data collection part of the program?

I assume the "get numbers" module will collect the response data and save it (once we figure out how to get that started and going) but would the "play sound file" module do the same?

Yes. The Get Numbers module is usually used to obtain multi-digit response from caller and a Play module is usually used to get a single digit response from caller.

There are certain files that don't seem to work over the phone with the "get numbers" module but they do with the "play sound files" module,

This would not be the case. It does not matter from what module a sound file is played.

if a caller entered in a response for the "play sound" would that response save into the database in the same way that the "Get numbers" would?

Both modules create $RVs that you can then use to save the data in database.

Also, is there a link available that would direct me to a page or file that could explain how to get the ball rolling on the Access data collection part of the program?

Here is a link to the Help file page on the Database module:

http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/moddbquery.htm

Also see:

http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ltvariables.htm