VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialogic Voice Board

I have the chance to purchase a Dialogic D/4PCI but when looking on the intel site there is a Dialogic D/4PCI-EURO. I do live in Australia so will the non-euro version work.

The only difference in the specs that I can see is the Impedence and Loop Current Range.

SNIP from Specs

-Impedance 600 Ohm (nominal)

-Matching complex impedance specified in CTR-21 for D/4PCI-EURO.

-Loop current range 20 mA to 120 mA, DC (polarity insensitive)

-D/4PCI-EURO current limits at 60 mA per CTR-21 specifications

Chances are high that it will physically work, but most countries (including Australia) have hefty fines in place for attaching non-officially-certified hardware to the telephone network.

The D/4PCI cards that are currently sold in Australia and certified by Austel (Australian Telephone Network regulator) for attachment to Australian telephone network are the D/4PCI-EURO - and actually only certain 'manufacture part numbers' of these cards are certified...

If you are buying form outside Australia then the chances are that the card will not be officially certified for use in Australia - to check you should contact Austel directly.

Also cards purchased from outside Australia are not warranted by Intel Australia - and if anything went wrong with them you would need to send them back for repair etc..

NB.

Our Australian office sells Dialogic cards (Austel certified) - for sales enquiries you may contact sales@katalina.com.au

Hi

I asked this same question, in this thread:

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=683

I got the impression that you knew the D4/PCI worked in Australia, but it doesn't sound like you are entirely sure in this response.

I haven't had the opportuntity to test mine yet. (it is a NON-EURO version).

Out of interest, what does your Australia office sell these cards for? I paid $940 all up with shipping and customs duties.

Adam

The response is as per the latest info we get from Intel (who owns Dialogic).

We have heard of a few other (non-EURO D/4PCI) cards imported from US working with no problems in Australia - but strictly speaking you should only be using such imported cards behind a PBX - ie not attached directly to any telco network.

The D/4PCI cards sold by Intel in Australia are the -EURO type, so to be extra sure that it will be OK you may want to ask for a D/4PCI-EURO version... I'm not too sure what the actual differences are - detailed studying of the Intel's specs on both cards may reveal some differences (think some of them were listed by original poster)

The pricing of the Austel certified cards sold in Australia will be higher then the prices when importing it from US. Local prices are however getting lower lately.