VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voice To Text

A) where in the callque table do i put the text I want the system to change from text to voice .

any setting I need to adjust. in configuration.  

4 minutes ago, Ricardo Guerrero said:

A) where in the callque table do i put the text I want the system to change from text to voice .

any setting I need to adjust. in configuration.  

The call is made but no message is 

If you are inserting outgoing call entries direct into VoiceGuide's 'callque' table then a common way to specify custom TTS is to set a Result Variable and then have a Play module use that Result Variable. There are other ways, but this is the simplest way of demonstrating this concept.

The Play module would be in the callflow (.vgs file) that you specify that VoiceGuide should run when the outgoing call is answered.

eg: if you put this string in the "RV" column of the callque table:

[MyWelcomeMessage]{Hello, this is a call from company XYZ}

then in the Play module you can specify that it should TTS the contents of this Result Variable: $RV[MyWelcomeMessage]

Like this:

image.png.79ad149629cbac91149af8888f654036.png

The images show the changes i made I also put the test in the RV althought when i sent you the installation i specified where i was going to put the message but fine i can change it to place the test in the RV field . But it still does not read the text. So the call is made but with no message .

tecnologiasoftA.jpg

tecnologiasoft1.jpg

If you are using the Outbound Call Loader to load the calls then the Result Variable holding the TTS text must be specified in the "Result Variables" input text box.

You can see that "Result Variables" input text box in your own screenshot - right above the 'Call Options" input text box where the Caller ID is.

Put this string:

in the "Result Variables" input text box,

and then load the call.

The Outbound Call Loader places the contents of the "Result Variables" input text box into the  "RV" column of the "callque" table.

HI. I finally figured out why it. was not making the call . Is there a configuration file that keeps the information for dialing "text to voice ."   Now its reading the phone number correctly I just need for it to read the message from the RV field and use it while making the call.

A) Is there a place where I define the $rv[MyWelcomeMessage] for the database RV field? i enter a Message and it does does not read it .

Ricardo  

A) Is there a place where I define the $rv[MyWelcomeMessage] for the database RV field?

The Outbound Call Loader places the contents of the "Result Variables" input text box into the  "RV" column of the "callque" table.

So when inserting the "Result Variables" yourself into the database you need to do this: take whatever you would have been placing in the Outbound Call Loader's "Result Variables" input text box, and put that same data into into the "RV" column of the callque table instead.

ie: in your case, if you put this string in the "RV" column of the callque table:

then you can use this Result Variable in your callflow (.vgs/.vgp fils):

$RV[MyWelcomeMessage]

ie:  in the Play module you can specify that it should TTS the contents of this Result Variable: $RV[MyWelcomeMessage]

OK .. I figured out the rv message, its working .. now How can I determine what voice to use in Spanish and in English.  i setup a variable En or Sp  where before the call can I determine what voice to text language to use :    alison or Alejandra from the voice to text .

From https://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/config_tts.htm :

Dynamically changing TTS Engine

The TTS Engine type used can also be dynamically set during the call, by setting new values to $RV:

$RV[tts_EngineType]

This allows the script to dynamically select which TTS engine type should be used at any time during the call.

The voices to be used by each engine can also be dynamically set during the call, as outlined in previous sections.

Simplest way to set a Result Variable is using an Evaluate Expression module ( https://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/modevalexpr.htm )

for example:

image.png.28668beba49f230cbc16eb7211183772.png

Other ways of setting the RVs are using the API or 'Result Files'.

Suggest you just set the $RV[tts_EngineType] in your Result Variables set when you load the call. This would be done by adding this to the string of Result Variables set in the RV field of the database entry:

[tts_EngineType]{Cepstral Allison-8kHz}

of you can set some other RV, check that other RV's value in the callflow (again, the Evaluate Expression module is simplest way of dong that) and set the $RV[tts_EngineType] within the callflow using the Evaluate Expression module or similar.