VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Cannot Hang Up

i got a "play sound" module (playing thank you message) which on timeout 0 goes to "hang up" module. However, it cannot hang up actively. It only hangs up after the caller hangs up.

However, if I marked it "on 1 go to the hang up module", it can hang up after pressing 1.

Please help. Thanks.

To play file once and then go down the 'timeout 0' path immediately afterwards the number of play retries should be set to 0 - is it set to 0 in your script?

Please post your script here and we can have a quick look at it.

Thanks a lot for your quick response. I have tried it again. It can hang up. However, it seems it is a problem related to modem rather than voice guide. see whether you agreed.

I am using win2003 server with the latest voice guide. I tried an internal voice modem with motorola chipset. It gaves blue screen very frequently for the physical memory dump. Then I tried another internal modem. It's better. But it gaves bluescreen a few times. But it seems to the computer or the voide guide has problem in controlling it. for example, the voice guide shows "waiting for call" but it cannot pick up the call after successfully finishing one call. Or, the voice guide shows hanging up for a very long time and hangs.

So,do you think it's a compatiability issue with voice guide or the issue with modem? Thanks in advance.

it cannot pick up the call after successfully finishing one call.

This happens with some modems - their voice drivers are good for one call only.

In general we do not recommend using internal modems at all.

If you have to use a modem use an external one.

For a proper system just get a Dialogic card.