VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Call Transfer & 3-way Calling

Hello,

I have a phone service, that does not do or support call transfer. The phone service does support 3-way calling, however as soon as the 3-way call initiater (which would be VG) hangs up, the other 2 connected lines gets hanged up on automatically thus not allowing this method of call transfer. I am not too familiar with PBX, is having a PBX would allow me to do call transfers (hook-flash)? or I would still need to find a telco service that supports call transfer even with a PBX? Thanks.

The phone service does support 3-way calling, however as soon as the 3-way call initiater (which would be VG) hangs up, the other 2 connected lines gets hanged up on automatically thus not allowing this method of call transfer.

Yes, that's how most of 3-way services work - that's why VG does not hangup by default after initiating a 3-way call - VG will just wait and listen for disconnect tones etc.

I am not too familiar with PBX, is having a PBX would allow me to do call transfers (hook-flash)?

Yes, most would.

Have you looked into using "Dial and Conference"?

So basicly, even if the phone service does not support call transfer, a PBX will still be able do to a call transfer from main line to a cell phone? Could that be done using only one phone line, or it requires 2 lines?

Dial & Conference, as I understand will fully occupy the line until all callers hang up, and my goal is to free the line as soon as the call gets transfered and accepted via announced transfer.

The PBX would use 2 lines. one for the incoming call and one for the outgoing leg. You should check all this out with the PBX supplier though...