VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Cannot get CallerID on D/120JCT-LS EURO

Hi,

this is a really strange problem. I cannot get a caller id on a PSTN or even ISDN line (caller id is enabled by provider), even after 2 or 3 rings on a Dialogic D/120JCT-ls-euro.

Even when I try the program that comes with Dialogic (multithread telephone or something is called I think. Is in the sample programs) it does recognize that my board is CallerId enabled but when I call it cannot answer my call or display the callers id.

So any ideas?

I m using system release 5.1.1 with SP1 and windows 2000 SP4. What sould I do?

Thanks

Athan

Maybe the phone company is not sending the CallerID?

Best for you to speak with the local Dialogic distributor. They would be familiar with standards used on your local lines and would be able to offer appropriate advice.

No, as I said they do! I do check it with a normall phone device and the caller id appears on the screen.

I had some improvence. After many many tests for 1 or 2 times only (out of 50) the caller id worked! How can that be possible? Just to work sometimes and sometimes not to work?

Athan: Check dialogic web site for issues to do with this board and caller-id. I recall that some cards have problems with caller-id in certain territories.

see: http://membersresource.intel.com/search/pt...s/ptrsearch.asp

Search for description="callerid" and hardware="DxxxJCT", you will get 7 matches, all mentioning issues with D120JCT and caller-ID detection.

(PS: You may need a login to access this "PTR" page). Hope this helps.

Do you know in what format is the CallerID information sent?

Is the Caller ID sent between the first and second ring or during some other time?