VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Can Voice Guide Do This?

I want to do two things...

The first is have VG answer an incomming call... Play a sound file which would be a ringing tone (so the caller would think the phone is still rining. As soon as that sound file starts to play, have another line dial out to my number and when I answer have the call conferenced together so the caller basically thinks it just took a long time for me to pickup the phone. Is this possible using a diallogic card and VG? I realize the rining would probably momentairky stop when VG answers the call...

The second thing I would want VG to do is when only specific numbers call (base it on caller id), have VG answer, let the caller enter the number he wants to dial and then have VG do a 3 way call.

I would be using a dialogic card on two analog lines... Possibly a Dialogic D/41H (because it is cheap on ebay). Would these two scenerios be possibly using VG, the card on a Win XP Pro machine?

Thanks for your help!

The first is have VG answer an incomming call... Play a sound file which would be a ringing tone (so the caller would think the phone is still rining. As soon as that sound file starts to play, have another line dial out to my number and when I answer have the call conferenced together so the caller basically thinks it just took a long time for me to pickup the phone. Is this possible using a diallogic card and VG? I realize the rining would probably momentairky stop when VG answers the call...

Yes, it is possible.

The second thing I would want VG to do is when only specific numbers call (base it on caller id), have VG answer, let the caller enter the number he wants to dial and then have VG do a 3 way call.

Yes, you can do this as well.

Thanks for the quick response, the only question I have left is could I do both of things above with a Dialogic D/41H or would I need a more advanced board (I don't think the D/41H supports conferencing and I think I need it to do my first question).

Thanks Again for your help!

You would need a board that supports SC Bus or CT Bus.

Supported boards are listed in the Help file.