VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Call Waiting Question

Hi I just purcahsed the enterprise 1 line + vg dialer // and im using a hiphone desktop for modem.

this will be my second newbie question. LOL

Can VoiceGuide answer a call waiting call?

I tried and it didn't, so i assuem not, but just want to check.

and if not, Im just curious what other small businesses with 1 line do in this situation?

so far, I was thinking that i could keep the verizon voicemail and set the ring count to 6 and if Voiceguide is already taking a call, the new caller would just get sent to teh verizon voicemail and i could have it say something like " all line s are busy, please leave us a meissage or call back shorty".

any input on this?

: )

Can VoiceGuide answer a call waiting call?
It's not practically possible on analog lines, tone detection of call waiting signal can only really be made if there is silence on the line... And you can only do this with a Dialogic card anyway.

so far, I was thinking that i could keep the verizon voicemail and set the ring count to 6 and if Voiceguide is already taking a call, the new caller would just get sent to teh verizon voicemail and i could have it say something like " all line s are busy, please leave us a meissage or call back shorty".
A telephone company based 'divert on busy/noanswer' is the best workable solution on single line systems. Next option is to get a second line and have the phone company route calls to the second line if first line is busy.