VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Caller Id And Transfer Call

Dear Support Team,

I am going to Implement IVR in our company and we decide to use VoiceGuide so i have some questions:

1-If we have direct phone lines from phone company connected to Dialogic card how to get Caller ID before and after answering the call?

2-If we have direct phone lines from phone company connected to Dialogic card how to transfer the Call to internal extension automatically and the other case to let the caller to enter the internal extension also how to connect to PBX?

3-also , how to do the pravious issues if phone line comes from PBX and connected to Dialogic card ?

Regards.

1-If we have direct phone lines from phone company connected to Dialogic card how to get Caller ID before and after answering the call?

The CallerID is sent between the first and second ring, so you just need to ensure that the call is answered only after the second ring arrives in order to receive the CallerID. The Dialogic card automatically detects the CallerID and passes that information to VoiceGuide.

2-If we have direct phone lines from phone company connected to Dialogic card how to transfer the Call to internal extension automatically and the other case to let the caller to enter the internal extension also how to connect to PBX?

If you connect the direct external lines to the Dialogic card then to be able to transfer calls to PBXs extensions you will then also need to attach lines from PBX to the Dialogic card and you will need t perform the transfers using the "Dial and Conference" (Tromboned) approach. This will result in two channels on the Dialogic card used for the duration of the transferred call.

3-also , how to do the pravious issues if phone line comes from PBX and connected to Dialogic card ?

If you want to transfer calls from the Dialogic card to other extensions on the PBX then you should attach the Dialogic card to PBX's extensions, and have incoming calls route to the Dialogic card via the PBX. Then you can transfer calls using "hookflash transfers" just like you would transfer calls from one extension to another.

Dear Support Team,

Thanks for your response.

According to answers you provided for my cases i want to know whick Dialogic card needed and how to connect PBX exactly to Dialogic card ? for more details, if i have 4 phone lines comes directly from Phone Company where to connect these lines to Dialogic card and where to connect PBX to Dialogic card ? is it in same card or another different card ?

Also if i want to transfer call to IP Phones what i have to do and which card i have to user ?

Regards.

whick Dialogic card needed and how to connect PBX exactly to Dialogic card ?

D/4PCIU card would be fine. It's the entry level 4 port card. It cannot do "Dial and Conference" (Tromboned) transfers, but you do not require this functionality in this scenario as you will only use Hookflash transfers.

if i have 4 phone lines comes directly from Phone Company where to connect these lines to Dialogic card and where to connect PBX to Dialogic card ? is it in same card or another different card ?

In this scenario the 4 lines from the phone company would be connected to one 4 port Dialogic card (D/41JCT), and the extensions from the PBX would be connected to another D/41JCT card. the "JCT" cards can support "Dial and Conference" transfers. Multiple cards can be placed in the system, or you can get a 12 port card (D/120JCT).

Also if i want to transfer call to IP Phones what i have to do and which card i have to user ?

You would need to setup the VoIP version of VoiceGuide to transfer calls to VoIP phones. The VoIP version however cannot handle analog at this same time, only T1 and E1 lines. You could maybe transfer calls to the VoIP phones through the PBX if the PBX supports VoIP (with the connection to PBX being analog).

if i have 4 phone lines comes directly from Phone Company where to connect these lines to Dialogic card and where to connect PBX to Dialogic card ? is it in same card or another different card ?

In this scenario the 4 lines from the phone company would be connected to one 4 port Dialogic card (D/41JCT), and the extensions from the PBX would be connected to another D/41JCT card. the "JCT" cards can support "Dial and Conference" transfers. Multiple cards can be placed in the system, or you can get a 12 port card (D/120JCT).

I want to wander if i can connect Dialogic card (D/41JCT) to Avaya IP V2 Office IP PBX Phone System to transfer calls to analog lines (internal extension) and to IP phones using the same Dialogic card (D/41JCT) or another one?

I want to wander if i can connect Dialogic card (D/41JCT) to Avaya IP V2 Office IP PBX Phone System to transfer calls to analog lines (internal extension) and to IP phones using the same Dialogic card (D/41JCT) or another one?

Yes. you could connect the D/41JCT to the analog extensions on your PBX and then have calls transferred to any of the PBXs extensions. The PBX would handle all of the conversions if the destination handset to which the call is transferred to is VoIP and not Analog.