VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Call Transfers "noanswer" Failing

Hi there. I now have an urgent need to get call transfers working using Vg4Dialogic.

After an extensive effort of 2+ days, I have looked at all aspects of call transfers and despite rigourous testing, tone detection, configuration and endless test calls -I cannot get "noanswer" paths to work in this release (6.0.2028) 4line + Enterprise + Dialler.

I attach below a zip of several test cases.

After looking closely at the logs all I can see is that "noanswer" calls that should take either a "failed" or "noanswer" path are connected with a "success" path based on Cadence analysis:

150720.233 001 ev    TDX_DIAL (Dial Completed)

150720.233 001 ocxev PlayEnd(dwLineId=1, dwPlayId=0)

150720.233    ocxev DoFireDialogic(dwIdx=44, 1, 132, [TDX_DIAL], 0, 0, 0, [], [], [])

150721.170 001 ev    TDX_CST (CST Event Received)

150721.170 001 ev    TDX_CST DE_TONEON data=193

150721.170    ocxev DoFireDialogic(dwIdx=45, 1, 134, [TDX_CST], 193, 0, 0, [DE_TONEON], [TID_DIAL_LCL], [])

150722.373    ocxfn Dial(1,0,[29],DX_PAMDOPTEN,0,0,,)

150722.373          dx_dial(1,[29],on)

150722.373          dx_dial(1,29) ok

150725.951 001 ev    TDX_CST (CST Event Received)

150725.951 001 ev    TDX_CST DE_TONEON data=199

150725.951    ocxev DoFireDialogic(dwIdx=46, 1, 134, [TDX_CST], 199, 0, 0, [DE_TONEON], [TID_RNGBK1], [])

150733.076 001 ev    TDX_CALLP (Call Progress Completed)

150733.076 001      TDX_CALLP CR_CNCT called line was connected

150733.076 001      TDX_CALLP CR_CNCT CON_CAD connection due to cadence break

150733.076    ocxev DoFireDialogic(dwIdx=47, 1, 133, [TDX_CALLP], 10, 1, 0, [TDX_CALLP], [CR_CNCT], [CON_CAD])

150733.092    ocxfn Dial(1,0,[!3],,0,0,,)

150733.092          dx_dial(1,[&3],off) as ca_intflg=2

150733.092          dx_dial(1,&3) ok

150733.326 001 ev    TDX_DIAL (Dial Completed)

I have set/reset and tested all tones in the CONFIGLINES.XML settings, checked and double checked against my PBX.

The following tests have been done:

Monitored and Announced transfers for calls: connected, busy, noanswer (and when announced - rejected calls).

The attched zip contains a test script, some prompt files, the config XML files and several "CASEx" directories containing the *sw, *tw & *vgm files for each test. The main one to look at is: CASE11

Each directory contains a full file consisting off: VG starting, single call or three/four calls: Success/Busy/Noanser(/Reject), VG ending (closed down).

All the combinations show that:

Success path calls okay (but not "{connected}" path calls)

Failed paths on rejected calls

Success calls when accepted by keypress

Busy path works

Timeout on announced calls via VG.INI timeout

Timeout on announced calls using timeout path

Fail never works on noanswer on monitored calls

{noanswer} path doesn't work

Log files shows "ringback" events.

I have noticed that there is a significant delay between target call being picked up and either being detected or the accept-prompt being played. There is a note about this in the help-file saying adjust the ringback-timeout in the TSP, but obviously, this doesn't apply to Vg4Dialogic, so is there an equivalent timeout setting somewhere?

Exactly how do you detect noanswer anyway? Surely its just a timeout issue if you are getting ringback?

ALL I WANT - is that a call can be transferred to an extention and either be detected as Anserwed/Busy/Noanswer.

Your continued assistance will be appreciated. Thanks - Tim.

log.zip

Just discovered that the PBX recall from transfer occurs at 30 seconds, which generates a different ringback tone at 30 secs. I have had this changed to 45 seconds, but VG still takes the success path when the call is NOT answered.

See log attached.

0725vgm.txt

Still doing some tests of our own and awaiting feedback from developer on this one. Will post here when we have an answer.

Thanks for letting me know I haven't been forgotten!

Progress Update: I have been looking over all the Dialogic 511 "PTRs" and release notes and trying to understand just whats going on. I gather that there are some issues with invalid cadence detection on 5.1.1+SP1 and variuos other problems with my hardware (D4PCI and D120JCT) and software (WinXP & WinSvr2003) (trying to get either one working) so I am about to try update to FP1 with latest SU release 74 and see what happens. Previously, this "FP1" was on evaluation only (10hr runs) so I didn't install it, but i have nothing to lose, so am going to try it. Will report back later. If it works, do I need to buy it? if so, can you supply it, and if so, at what cost?

If you/your colleagues know of any particular issues with the above hardware/software please let me know. I am also having problems with disconnect tone and PBXpert, but thats another story...

Okay thx for now.

Its been ages now, and reluctantly I have had to give up on VG for Dialogic for the moment.

Can you please tell me if there is any progress with this problem? thx.