VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Get Numbers Module And #

RySADLab wrote:

In all of our recordings, the instructions say to press # when the caller is finished with their entry. How I set it up originally was that if they were to need to enter, for example, a 3 digit code then the # key, I put the minimum and maximum number of digits to 4 (3 + #) and in the paths section i put: on (#) goto {the next module}. When testing the script, by pressing #, the caller is directed back to the module they just heard and not onto the next one. When I put the min. and max. number of digits to 3, everything works fine when the caller enters the 3 digits, they get transfered, but if we stuck with that, the last few seconds of each message would be useless.

Is there a way to correct this? As in, how would I be able to get the program to transfer the caller to the next module after a caller has entered what they need to enter and then press the # key to confirm their completion of the module they are in?

You should change the

on {#} goto [the next module]

to be:

on {success} goto [the next module]

and leave the max number of digits setting at 4, or just not use that setting at all.

So If I understand this right, I put On Success go to... and if the caller needs to enter a 3 digit number and then press #, once they press # they will be transfered to the next module? There is no need to put a min or max number of digits, once they've pressed # they will be transfered?

Worked like a charm, thank you.

Next question: the point of this is to collect data and have it saved into the Access database program, I assume the "get numbers" module will collect the response data and save it (once we figure out how to get that started and going) but would the "play sound file" module do the same? There are certain files that dont seem to work over the phone with the "get numbers" module but they do with the "play sound files" module, so if a caller entered in a response for the "play sound" would that response save into the database in the same way that the "Get numbers" would?

(i.e. the "Get numbers" module is used, for example, to collect info on what time a caller woke up, and after, the "play sound file" module asks them to press 1 if AM and 0 if PM; would both sets of responses be properly recorded in the system?)

Also, is there a link available that would direct me to a page or file that could explain how to get the ball rolling on the Access data collection part of the program?

thank you,

RySADLab